The SOJC Communications Office is seeking three energetic, creative, and self-motivated interns for the upcoming academic year. We are looking for students who can commit 10–25 hours per week for at least one full academic year, beginning in spring term. If you have a passion for great storytelling, we want to meet you!
Videographer and Editor (1 position available)
The videographer/video editor is responsible for working with the SOJC Communication Office’s student video team to shoot and edit videos. Must be able to operate a DSLR camera for still and video as well as an audio recorder. Experience with video editing using the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, PhotoShop, Lightroom, etc.) is a must. Student may also be asked to conduct interviews, collect archival footage, and collaborate with fellow interns to create larger mixed-media projects. SOJC videographers will get many published pieces for their portfolios!
Preferred Qualifications for All Positions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to be professional with stakeholders and sources
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Passion for innovation in the communication fields and the SOJC
- Experience with Adobe programs is a plus but not a requirement
Compensation: $11.50–$16.00/hour (depending on experience, academic year, and location)
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should submit the following application requirements to Andra Brichacek (email@example.com) with the subject line “Application for [Desired Position] Internship.” Please include:
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications as they pertain to the position description
- Link to portfolio of your relevant work or 2–3 attached work samples
- Names and contact information for two professional references who can speak to your communication skills
Note: If you are interested in more than one position, please include that in your cover letter.
Managing Editor, Digital and Editorial Content
School of Journalism and Communication